Intrepid Meeple's Board Game Retreat
We are James and Maria. We both worked in professions that took us to live in multiple countries. In our free time we would run various social clubs including kayaking, board games, pool and ex-pat meetups. This was a great way to bring people together and have a lot of fun. Since 2018 we have settled on the beautiful island of Ibiza where we are involved in different aspects of the tourist industry. Putting together our love of board games, fine food, luxury holidays and adventure both on land and sea, Intrepid Meeple was born.
As gamers and adventurers, we often discussed how great it would be to go on a holiday that totally immersed us in games. Not just tabletop games but also games that had us exploring in nature. And now, this is what we offer you.
About the Retreat
You can sit in an immersive setting, without interruption and everyone having all the time in the world for even the longest of games. Or head out on a treasure hunt Indiana Jones style and solve the puzzles, if you can find them. Maybe you’d like to figure out who cursed the half elf over a themed dinner? Or explore the coastal caves of Ibiza by kayak. All this and more is possible at Intrepid Meeples’ Board Game Retreat!
The retreat is tailored for you. Whether you want wall to wall tabletop gaming or taking the adventure out on and around the island, we can accommodate. This is achieved by collecting information from you, first via our questionnaire and then one-to-one, to enable us to create the perfect program for all the guests. By the time you arrive the specific program for your retreat will be ready.
A normal day at the retreat is made up of multiple gaming sessions. The pre-selected games from the days schedule will be set up for you and the rules explained. Staff are always at hand to clarify any rules or grab you some refreshments. Each retreat consists of 16 guests, therefore, depending on the game, there will be times when everyone is playing together and times when the group is split into teams. Each day will be different, varying the games and mechanics to make sure there is plenty of diversity. In the evenings, after dinner, there is free time when you can make full use of the games library.
Those new to the hobby will have the experience of trying different game mechanics of growing complexity throughout the stay. You will leave having experienced a wide variety of game themes and mechanics to fully appreciate the wonderful world of board gaming.
Those with experience will get the opportunity to play some known favourite mind grinding games with fellow gamers without the worry of explaining the rules or running out of time. Maybe we will surprise you with a game you haven’t yet played.
Included in the retreat:
- Airport pickup and drop off if required.
- 7 nights stay at the villa with housekeeping (bed linen and towels provided)
- All meals, snacks and soft drinks provided by qualified chefs
- A Welcome Session, during which the program will be presented, and the schedule will be explained.
- A full program with games and activities ran by our staff.
- Library of games at your disposal for evening free time.
- Staff to run the retreat and help during the holiday.
Optional extras at no cost:
- Game day challenge.
- Themed dinner experience.
- Adventure experience.
- Guided walk
Optional extras at extra cost:
Close ties with local organisations mean that we can seamlessly include extra activities in your stay without impacting your gaming agenda. Such adventures include:
- Kayaking excursion.
- Boat rental.
- Mountain biking.
- Brewery visit.
- Make your own Hierbas (a local liqueur).
- Escape room.
- More activities are available on request.
Not included in the retreat:
- Although wine is served with dinner (to a limit), alcoholic drinks are not included. We are sure that you will not go hungry and that you will love the food. If, however you have your own personal cravings for a specific snack for example, this is also not included. Such drinks and food can be bought by yourself or on your behalf either by prior arrangement or on a day to day basis once you arrive.
- Other than airport pickup and drop off, all other journeys will have to be via car hire or taxi at your own cost.
- Travel and health insurance.
Points of note
- The minimum age for all guests is 21.
- The retreat is for 1 week, Saturday to Saturday.
- All the rooms in the villa sleep 2. Therefore, if you book to come solo, then you will be sharing your room with another guest.
- Staff will be staying at the retreat 24/7 to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- There is no smoking inside the villa or any buildings on the grounds.
- A security deposit of 300 euro is required on arrival, which will be returned on departure if no damage has been caused.